At the last retro I said that I would include some upper body exercises in my workouts. This did happen, once. I did some machines and weights at the gym for the arms, back and chest. I also said that I would keep the exercise records in one place, and I did. They are all in Evernote. And, finally, I was going to keep up with my exercises, and I also did that, having done the full routine four times last week. So, I'm three for three on the action items! Good for me. I will be having a gluten-free cookie later to celebrate.
For week 5 retro I decided to come back to the simplest format of went well/could be better (read: I didn't have time to think of something more exciting). So, here it is:
- Good news at the follow up with Dr. Zarnett
- Doing all exercises
- Doing an upper body workout
- Can walk a lot more
- Flexion and range of motion improving
- Don't get as tired anymore
- Housework is under control
- Part of stitch came out
- Going to bed/getting up early
- Stretching/breathing exercises in the morning
Could be better
- Still have inflamation on the incision
- Scar is itchy sometimes
- Can't wear skinny jeans
- Don't have enough time/energy to get big chores done
- Not doing enough cardio
- Procrastinating on retros
- Plan to get 1-2 big items done during the week
- Do eliptical/bike for cardio
- Do next retro on time
Because today is already Wednesday of week 6, I think there is a good chance that I will procrastinate on this week's retro as well. To mitigate that I've decided to do a different retro at the end of the week: instead of going over the past 7 days I will be reviewing the whole time period since I had the surgery. I will also do that in a different format to make things more interesting and dig deeper.
Before then I'll write another post on my progress, the exercises I've been doing, and the latest improvements.
That's it for this retro, a great rest of the week to all, and ciao.