Sunday, April 20, 2014

Week 1 Retrospective


I've decided to do retrospectives at the end of each week.  I know this may make me sound a little life-coachy, but I think its the easiest and most useful way to reflect on how well (or how badly) things are going.  I'm borrowing this "ritual" from the practice of Agile software development, where we do retros every once in a while to figure out how well our processes are working and if something needs tweaking.  My rehab process is not very complex and involves just me most of the time, so the retros will be short and simple. I'll think about what went well, what could be better, and what I want to change going forward (actions).
Here's the retro for week one of my rehab:

Went well:


  • Having ice/compression machine
  • Staying with parents
  • Baggy pants, skirts, shorts
  • Blogging
  • Physio helps a lot
  • Doing exercises regularly
  • Reached first week's milestones (90 degrees, walking with splint only)

Could be better:


  • Exercises were painful for the first 2-3 days
  • Didn't know how to elevate leg properly
  • Didn't know when/how to change dressing
  • Didn't know when could take a shower
  • Not keeping track of exercises/repetitions
  • Don't have long-term milestones defined
  • Physio is expensive

Action Items:


  • Define longer term milestones
  • Start keeping track of exercises
That's it!

I like doing retros on stickies, and decided to try a virtual board this time.  This is what it looked like:


I used linoit.com for the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment